Population Growth in Silicon Valley, May 2015
Table 4: Share of Mothers Giving Birth to Babies, by Birth Order, in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties, 2013
|Share of Mothers|
|8th or higher||0.4%||0.5%|
|Average Number of Children per Woman Who Gave Birth||2.10||2.14|
United States Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Vital Statistics System
Silicon Valley Institute for Regional Studies
Data is from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Vital Statistics System. Silicon Valley data includes Santa Clara & San Mateo Counties. Rest of the Bay Area includes the entire 9-county Bay Area excluding San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. The median age calculation excludes births by mothers ages 50-54 and mothers ages 10-12. The California data for mothers ages 17 and 18 was unavailable for 2013. 2013 data were unavailable for Santa Clara County mothers ages 13, 14, and 48, San Mateo County mothers ages 13, 14, 15, 47, 48 and 49, and San Francisco mothers ages 47, 48 and 49. 2008 data were unavailable for San Mateo County, San Francisco, Contra Costa County, Marin County, and Solano County mothers age 13, and Napa County mothers age 14. Some data were also missing for several Rest of Bay Area counties in the low (13-18) and high (43+) age ranges in 2013, and in the range of 46-49 in 2008.
This chart does not have any footnotes.
There is no additional data for this table.
Resources for Relevant Data and Reports (show)
- California Department of Finance
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics, CDC WONDER
- United States Census Bureau, American Fact Finder
- United States Census Bureau, Population Division
- United States Census Bureau, State and County Quickfacts
- United States Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Vital Statistics System
- University of Virginia Historical Census Browser