Population Growth in Silicon Valley, May 2015
Figure 15: Percent Change in Population by Age Category and Gender in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties, San Francisco, and California, 2005-2015
United States Census Bureau, 2005 American Community Survey
California Department of Finance
Silicon Valley Institute for Regional Studies
Population estimates for 2005 are from the United States Census Bureau, American Community Survey 1-Year Estimates. Projections for 2015 are from the California Department of Finance, Demographic Research Unit P3: State and County Female Population Projections by Race/Ethnicity and Detailed Age, 2010 through 2060 (as of July 1), released December 2014. Silicon Valley data include San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.
This chart does not have any footnotes.
Resources for Relevant Data and Reports (show)
- California Department of Finance
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics, CDC WONDER
- United States Census Bureau, American Fact Finder
- United States Census Bureau, Population Division
- United States Census Bureau, State and County Quickfacts
- United States Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Vital Statistics System
- University of Virginia Historical Census Browser