Population Growth in Silicon Valley, May 2015
Figure 4: Historical Total Population Estimates for Santa Clara & San Mateo Counties, San Francisco, and California, 1850-2010
Silicon Valley Institute for Regional Studies
Data is from the California Department of Finance 1850-2010 Historical U.S. Census Populations of Counties and Incorporated Cities/Towns in California. Silicon Valley data includes the city-defined region. Census 2000 counts include changes from the Count Question Resolution program, so data may not match data published in Census 2000 reports. The state total for 1890 includes the population of Indian reservations (5,268) specially enumerated in 1890, not distributed by counties. Silicon Valley and San Francisco population estimates for 1850 are not available.
This chart does not have any footnotes.
Resources for Relevant Data and Reports (show)
- California Department of Finance
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics, CDC WONDER
- United States Census Bureau, American Fact Finder
- United States Census Bureau, Population Division
- United States Census Bureau, State and County Quickfacts
- United States Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Vital Statistics System
- University of Virginia Historical Census Browser