Population Growth in Silicon Valley, May 2015
Figure 8: Total Number of Births per Year in Santa Clara & San Mateo Counties, 1996-2014
2015 Silicon Valley Index (Data: California Department of Finance)
Silicon Valley Institute for Regional Studies
Data are from the California Department of Finance E-2: California County Population Estimates and Components of Change July 1, 1990-2000, E-2: California County Population Estimates and Components of Change by Year – July 1, 2000-2010, E-6: Population Estimates and Components of Change by County – July 1, 2010-2013 and July 1, 2010-2012, and are for San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. The July 1, 2010-2013 population estimates include revised July 2011 and July 2012 estimates. Estimates for 2014 are provisional. Data for the years 2000-2010 are based on revised estimates released in December 2011. Birth Rates are calculated as the total number of births per 1,000 people.
This chart does not have any footnotes.
Resources for Relevant Data and Reports (show)
- California Department of Finance
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics, CDC WONDER
- United States Census Bureau, American Fact Finder
- United States Census Bureau, Population Division
- United States Census Bureau, State and County Quickfacts
- United States Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Vital Statistics System
- University of Virginia Historical Census Browser