Santa Clara & San Mateo Counties, and California
Silicon Valley Institute for Regional Studies
Data is from the California Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General, Interactive Crime Statistics. Data for Silicon Valley includes San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. Population data is from United States Census Bureau, American Community Survey 1-Year Estimates. Felony offenses include Violent, Property Offenses, Drug Offenses, Sex Offenses, Weapons, Driving Under the Influence, Hit and Run, Escape, Bookmaking, Manslaughter Vehicular, and Other Felonies. Felony arrest data for 2015 and subsequent years may have been affected by the passage of Proposition 47 in November 2014 which reduced some felony offenses to misdemeanors, and so caution is advised in comparing to previous years.
*The felony arrest rates for 2015 and subsequent years were affected by the passage of Proposition 47, so caution is advised in comparing to previous years.
Resources for Relevant Data and Reports (show)
- California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training
- California Department of Justice
- FBI Crime Reporting Statistics
- Public Policy Institute of California, Data Depot
- Safe Routes to School
- San Mateo County Dispatch Statistics
- Santa Clara County Department of Public Health City & Neighborhood Profiles
- Santa Clara County EMS Reports