Retirees, by Relocation Status
Santa Clara & San Mateo Counties, California, and the United States | 2016
Silicon Valley Institute for Regional Studies
Data are from the United States Census Bureau, American Community Survey 1-Year PUMS microdata for 2016. The analysis includes fully retired persons and couples ages 65+ who live in homes with more than two bedrooms and have no additional household members. Retired in Place means that the retiree(s) has lived in their current residence for longer than the period of time since they turned 65. Relocated means that the retiree has lived in their residence for a shorter period of time than since they turned aged 65. The analysis includes only those who are not in the labor force and do not have a working spouse, but the calculation of relocation versus retirement in place assumes retirement occurs at age 65.
Analysis includes fully retired residents ages 65+ who live in homes with more than two bedrooms and have no additional household members.
Resources for Relevant Data and Reports (show)
- California Association of Realtors
- California Homebuilding Foundation/Construction Industry Research Board
- Milken Institute
- MTC Vital Signs
- National Association of Homebuilders
- San Jose Economic Development Dashboard
- Santa Clara County Association of Realtors, Housing Statistics
- Santa Clara County Department of Public Health City & Neighborhood Profiles
- U.S. Census Bureau
- Zillow Real Estate Research