Food Stamp Participants as a Percent of Resident Population
Santa Clara & San Mateo Counties and California
Silicon Valley Institute for Regional Studies
Appendix Note: Data for food stamp participants is from the State of California, Department of Social Services. Data is for the number of food stamp participants in the month of June by county and state. California population estimates come from the California Department of Finance’s “E-4 Historical Population Estimates for Cities, Counties and the State, 2001-2010, with 2000 and 2010 Census Counts”, “E-2 California County Population Estimates and Components of Change by Year, July 1, 2010–2012”., and “E-4 Population Estimates for Cities, Counties, and the State, 2011–2013, with 2010 Census Benchmark”.
This chart does not have any footnotes.
Resources for Relevant Data and Reports (show)
- California Department of Education, Free/Reduced Price Meals
- CalWORKS Data Files
- Center for the Continuing Study of the California Economy
- kidsdata.org (Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Health)
- Pew Research Center
- Public Policy Institute of California, Data Depot
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of Economic Analysis