Total Number of Jobs and Percent Change Over Prior Year
Second Half 2021*
|Santa Clara County||+5.3%|
|San Mateo County||+5.6%|
Data includes average annual employment estimates as of the second quarter for years 2001 through 2021 from the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages, and includes the entire city-defined Silicon Valley region. Data for Q2 of 2021 was estimated at the industry level by BW Research using Q1 2021 QCEW data and updated based on Q2 2021 reported growth and totals, and modified slightly by JobsEQ, which removes suppressions and reorganizes public sector employment.
*based on EDD reported June through December growth rates by county.
Percent change from 2012 to 2021 is based on unsuppressed numbers. Percent change for prior years is based on QCEW data totals with suppressed industries.
Resources for Relevant Data and Reports (show)
- Bay Area Council Economic Institute
- BW Research
- California Policy Lab
- Center for the Continuing Study of the California Economy
- Collaborative Economics
- CBRE U.S. Research & Reports
- MTC Vital Signs
- Opportunity Insights
- San Jose Economic Development Dashboard
- Santa Clara County Department of Public Health City & Neighborhood Profiles
- State of California Employment Development Department Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages
- Sustainable San Mateo County’s Indicators Report
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Current Population Survey (CPS)
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Local Area Unemployment Statistics (LAUS)
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages (QCEW)
- U.S. Department of Labor