Director of Research
Affiliated Researcher and Senior Advisor to the Silicon Valley Index
Karen Trapenberg Frick
Advisor, Workforce & Economic Research
Affiliated Researcher, Regional Employment
Affiliated Researcher, Nonprofits & Philanthropy
Affiliated Researcher, Survey Research
Affiliated Researcher, Land Use
Affiliated Researcher, Gender and Work
Equity Advisory Committee
The Institute’s Equity Advisory Committee is made up of a diverse group of people, with a diverse set of lived experiences. Its primary function is to review the annual Silicon Valley Poll questions for any unconscious/implicit bias. The committee also serves in an advisory capacity throughout the year on other questions related to equity (e.g., equity in data, language).
Committee members have completed an extensive demographic survey to help ensure the diversity of the committee with respect to race, ethnicity, ancestry, cultural background, socioeconomic status, and other factors that impact the lived experiences they bring to the table. Efforts to increase the diversity of the committee through future recruitment of additional members are ongoing.
- Alex Andrade, Director of Economic Development/Interim Housing Lead, City of Milpitas
- Bhe Balde, Assistant Director of Student Services, Stanford Doerr School of Sustainability
- Dana Bunnett, Director, Kids in Common
- Mayra S. Cerda, Director of Programs, Amigos de Guadalupe Center for Justice and Empowerment
- Daniel Degu, Sr., Economic Development Manager City of Cupertino
- Shamsah Ebrahim, Director of Evaluation and Learning, Silicon Valley Community Foundation
- Darcie Green, Executive Director, Latinas Contra Cancer
- Noelani Pearl Hernández, Vice President, Cultural and Leadership, Charity Navigator & Principal, Pearl Hernandez Consulting
- Charlie Hoffs, Co-Founder, unBox & Institute Affiliated Researcher
- Ariana Perez, Project Manager, Silicon Valley Community Foundation
- Edith Ramirez, Assistant City Manager for Development Services, City of Morgan Hill
- Yosimar Reyes, Poet & Activist
- Héctor Sánchez-Flores, Executive Director, National Compadres Network/National Latino Fatherhood and Family Institute
- Usha Srinivasan, President, Mosaic America
- Tracy Weatherby, VP, Strategy & Advocacy, Second Harvest of Silicon Valley
- Jahmal Williams, Director of Advocacy for Racial Justice, San José State University
Academic Research Partners
Academic research groups working with the Institute on various regional health topics.
Community Researcher Partners
Partner organizations working on critical data-driven projects and programs affecting our region’s health and quality of life.
Request a Speaker
Institute staff are available to provide in-person or remote briefings on Silicon Valley, our economic and community health trends, and how the region is doing overall.
About the Institute
The Silicon Valley Institute for Regional Studies is the research arm of Joint Venture Silicon Valley, and is housed within the organization. For more information on the Institute, please visit the Joint Venture website Institute page.