Public Safety Officers
Total Number of Public Safety Officers
|Change in the Total Number of Silicon Valley Public Safety Officers|
Silicon Valley Institute for Regional Studies
All data are from the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training. The total number of Public Safety Officers accounts for all sworn full-time and reserve personnel, which may include (but is not limited to) Police Chiefs, Deputy Chiefs, Commanders, Corporals, Lieutenants, Sergeants, Police Officers, Detectives, Detention Officers/Supervisors, Sheriffs, Undersheriffs, Captains, and Assistant Sheriffs; it does not include Community Service Officers or other non-sworn (civilian) police department personnel. All city, county and school district departments in Silicon Valley are included. Data does not include California Highway Patrol officers. 2017 data were as of September 12, 2017.
This chart does not have any footnotes.
Resources for Relevant Data and Reports (show)
- California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training
- California Department of Justice
- FBI Crime Reporting Statistics
- Public Policy Institute of California, Data Depot
- Safe Routes to School
- San Mateo County Dispatch Statistics
- Santa Clara County Department of Public Health City & Neighborhood Profiles
- Santa Clara County EMS Reports