Number of Assault Cases per 100,000 Males and Females
Santa Clara & San Mateo Counties and Rest of California
Assault data are from the California Department of Public Health, EpiCenter California Injury Data Online. Assault cases include “abuse and neglect,” “blunt object,” “cut/pierce,” “fight, unarmed,” firearm,” and “other” cases that result in death, non-fatal hospitalization and non-fatal emergency department visit (treat & release, or transfer to another facility). Female and male population data used by the Department of Public Health are from the California Department of Finance Demographic Research Unit, “Estimates of Race/Ethnic Population with Age and Gender Detail” data sets for 1990-1999 and 2000-2010.
This chart does not have any footnotes.
Resources for Relevant Data and Reports (show)
- California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training
- California Department of Justice
- FBI Crime Reporting Statistics
- Public Policy Institute of California, Data Depot
- Safe Routes to School
- San Mateo County Dispatch Statistics
- Santa Clara County Department of Public Health City & Neighborhood Profiles
- Santa Clara County EMS Reports