Daily Vehicle Hours of Delay Due To Congestion
Santa Clara & San Mateo Counties, San Francisco, and the Bay Area
Silicon Valley Institute for Regional Studies
Data are from Caltrans PeMS (Performance Monitoring System) that collect and archives traffic data from the Caltrans network of roadway traffic sensors. The reported traffic delay data are based on the detector coverage and health at the time that the data was collected by PeMS. Accordingly, actual traffic delays experienced in each county may be higher than those reported. Data includes California State Freeways only (not all state highways). Silicon Valley data include Santa Clara & San Mateo Counties. One vehicle hour of delay reflects one vehicle stuck in traffic for one hour. Delay refers to speeds less than 60 miles per hour.
This chart does not have any footnotes.
Resources for Relevant Data and Reports (show)
- Altamont Corridor Express (ACE)
- California Department of Transportation
- California Energy Almanac
- California Energy Commission
- Santa Clara County Department of Public Health City & Neighborhood Profiles
- Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority
- U.S. Census Bureau
- VTA Bike Paths and Routes in Santa Clara County