Trends in Home Sales
Median Sale Price and Number of Home Sales
San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties, and California
Silicon Valley Institute for Regional Studies
Data are from CoreLogic. Silicon Valley includes San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. Estimates have been inflation-adjusted and are reported in 2016 dollars, using the Bay Area consumer price index for all urban consumers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2016 estimate based on first half data for the Silicon Valley data, and the California consumer price index for all urban consumers from the California Department of Finance May Revision Forecast (April 2016) for California data. Based on public property records, for transactions recorded in each period. Data reflect sales of all new and resale single-family detached houses and condos combined.
*Median sale prices and forecasted annual home sales are based on 2016 data through October.
Resources for Relevant Data and Reports (show)
- California Association of Realtors
- California Homebuilding Foundation/Construction Industry Research Board
- Milken Institute
- San Jose Economic Development Dashboard
- Santa Clara County Association of Realtors, Housing Statistics
- Santa Clara County Department of Public Health City & Neighborhood Profiles
- U.S. Census Bureau
- Zillow Real Estate Research