Single Family and Multi-Family Units Included in Residential Building Permits Issued
Santa Clara & San Mateo Counties
Silicon Valley Institute for Regional Studies
Data is from the Construction Industry Research Board and California Homebuilding Foundation, and includes Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties. Data includes the number of single family and multi-family units included in building permits issued between 1998 and November 2016. Single-Family housing units include detached, semi-detached, row house and town house units. Multi-family housing includes duplexes, 3-4 unit structures and apartment type structures with five units or more.
*2016 estimate based on data through November.
Resources for Relevant Data and Reports (show)
- California Association of Realtors
- California Homebuilding Foundation/Construction Industry Research Board
- Milken Institute
- San Jose Economic Development Dashboard
- Santa Clara County Association of Realtors, Housing Statistics
- Santa Clara County Department of Public Health City & Neighborhood Profiles
- U.S. Census Bureau
- Zillow Real Estate Research