Value Added Per Employee
Santa Clara & San Mateo Counties, San Francisco, California, and the United States
|Percent Change in Value Added Per Employee|
Silicon Valley Institute for Regional Studies
Value added per employee is calculated as regional gross domestic product (GDP) divided by the total employment. GDP estimates the market value of all final goods and services. GDP and employment data are from Moody’s Economy.com estimates using historical data through 2015 and forecasts updated on 10/5/2015 (U.S. data), 11/22/2016 (California data) and 11/29/2016 (Silicon Valley and San Francisco). All GDP values have been inflation-adjusted and are reported in 2016 dollars, using the Bay Area consumer price index for all urban consumers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2016 estimate based on first half data for the Silicon Valley and San Francisco data, the California consumer price index for all urban consumers from the California Department of Finance May Revision Forecast (April 2016) for California data, and the U.S. city average consumer price index for all urban consumers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics for U.S. data, 2016 estimate based on first half data. Silicon Valley data include Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties.
This chart does not have any footnotes.
Resources for Relevant Data and Reports (show)
- Bay Area Council Economic Institute
- CB Insights
- Center for the Continuing Study of the California Economy
- Collaborative Economics
- FactSet Research Systems, Inc.
- Marin Economic Consulting, LLC
- Moody’s Economy.com
- National Establishment Time Series (NETS, from Don Walls & Assoc)
- National Venture Capital Association
- PricewaterhouseCoopers/National Venture Capital Association MoneyTreeTM Report
- Renaissance Capital
- Small Business Innovation and Technology Awards
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office