Value Added Per Employee
Santa Clara & San Mateo Counties, San Francisco, California, and the United States
|Percent Change in Inflation-Adjusted Value Added Per Employee|
Silicon Valley Institute for Regional Studies
Value added per employee is calculated as gross domestic product (GDP) divided by the total employment. GDP estimates the market value of all final goods and services. GDP and employment data are from Moody’s Economy.com estimates using historical data through 2015 (Silicon Valley and San Francisco) and through 2016 (California and U.S.) and forecasts updated on 11/06/2017 (U.S. data), 11/10/2017 (California data) and 10/26/2017 (Silicon Valley and San Francisco). All GDP values have been inflation-adjusted and are reported in 2017 dollars using the Bay Area consumer price index for all urban consumers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics for Silicon Valley and San Francisco data, 2017 estimate based on January-August, the California consumer price index for all urban consumers from the California Department of Finance May Revision Forecast (April 2017) for California data, and the U.S. city average consumer price index for all urban consumers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, first half of 2017 for U.S. data. Silicon Valley data include Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties.
This chart does not have any footnotes.
Resources for Relevant Data and Reports (show)
- Bay Area Council Economic Institute
- CB Insights
- Center for the Continuing Study of the California Economy
- Collaborative Economics
- FactSet Research Systems, Inc.
- Marin Economic Consulting, LLC
- Moody’s Economy.com
- National Establishment Time Series (NETS, from Don Walls & Assoc)
- National Venture Capital Association
- PricewaterhouseCoopers/National Venture Capital Association MoneyTreeTM Report
- Renaissance Capital
- Small Business Innovation and Technology Awards
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office