Relative Growth of Small Business Loans
Santa Clara & San Mateo Counties, and the United States
The data for Small Business Loan Origination comes from Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC), specifically from the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) data products. Small business loans are defined as those whose original amounts are $1 million or less and were reported as either loans secured by nonfarm or nonresidential real estate or Commercial and Industrial loans in Part I of the Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income (Schedule RC-C, PartII) or the Thrift Financial Report (Schedule SB). Silicon Valley represents Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties. Loan values within the text are inflation-adjusted and reported in first half 2012 dollars, using the consumer price index for the U.S. city average from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
This chart does not have any footnotes.
Resources for Relevant Data and Reports (show)
- Bay Area Council Economic Institute
- CB Insights
- Center for the Continuing Study of the California Economy
- Collaborative Economics
- FactSet Research Systems, Inc.
- Marin Economic Consulting, LLC
- Moody’s Economy.com
- National Establishment Time Series (NETS, from Don Walls & Assoc)
- National Venture Capital Association
- PricewaterhouseCoopers/National Venture Capital Association MoneyTreeTM Report
- Renaissance Capital
- Small Business Innovation and Technology Awards
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office