Mergers & Acquisitions
Percentage of Mergers & Acquisition Deals, by Participation Type
Silicon Valley and San Francisco
Silicon Valley Institute for Regional Studies
Data are from FactSet Research Systems, Inc, and are based on M&A Activity in Joint Venture’s zip code-defined Silicon Valley region. Transactions include full acquisitions, majority stakes, minority stakes, club-deals and spinoffs. Silicon Valley and San Francisco deals include those involving one or more Silicon Valley or San Francisco company.
*2016 data is through December 7.
Resources for Relevant Data and Reports (show)
- Bay Area Council Economic Institute
- CB Insights
- Center for the Continuing Study of the California Economy
- Collaborative Economics
- FactSet Research Systems, Inc.
- Marin Economic Consulting, LLC
- Moody’s Economy.com
- National Establishment Time Series (NETS, from Don Walls & Assoc)
- National Venture Capital Association
- PricewaterhouseCoopers/National Venture Capital Association MoneyTreeTM Report
- Renaissance Capital
- Small Business Innovation and Technology Awards
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office