Mergers & Acquisitions
Number of Deals and Share of California Deals
Silicon Valley and San Francisco
Silicon Valley Institute for Regional Studies
Data are from FactSet Research Systems, Inc, and are based on M&A Activity in Joint Venture’s zip code-defined Silicon Valley region. Transactions include full acquisitions, majority stakes, minority stakes, club-deals and spinoffs. Silicon Valley and San Francisco deals include those involving one or more Silicon Valley or San Francisco company.
*2016 data is through December 7.
Note: Deals include Acquirers and Targets.
Resources for Relevant Data and Reports (show)
- Bay Area Council Economic Institute
- CB Insights
- Center for the Continuing Study of the California Economy
- Collaborative Economics
- FactSet Research Systems, Inc.
- Marin Economic Consulting, LLC
- Moody’s Economy.com
- National Establishment Time Series (NETS, from Don Walls & Assoc)
- National Venture Capital Association
- PricewaterhouseCoopers/National Venture Capital Association MoneyTreeTM Report
- Renaissance Capital
- Small Business Innovation and Technology Awards
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office