Silicon Valley, San Francisco, and California
Silicon Valley Institute for Regional Studies
Data is from Crunchbase and includes the entire city-defined Silicon Valley region, San Francisco, and California. The analysis includes disclosed financing data for all deals that were designated specifically as Angel funding rounds (may include small VCs or family funds or individuals, or may just be noted as an Angel round by the company itself), and seed stage investments that included at least one Angel investor. Investment amounts have been inflation-adjusted and are reported in 2016 dollars, using the Bay Area consumer price index for all urban consumers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2016 estimate based on first half data for the Silicon Valley and San Francisco data, and the California consumer price index for all urban consumers from the California Department of Finance May Revision Forecast (April 2016) for California data.
Only includes disclosed financing data for all deals that were designated specifically as Angel funding rounds and seed stage investments that included at least one Angel investor.
Resources for Relevant Data and Reports (show)
- Bay Area Council Economic Institute
- CB Insights
- Center for the Continuing Study of the California Economy
- Collaborative Economics
- FactSet Research Systems, Inc.
- Marin Economic Consulting, LLC
- Moody’s Economy.com
- National Establishment Time Series (NETS, from Don Walls & Assoc)
- National Venture Capital Association
- PricewaterhouseCoopers/National Venture Capital Association MoneyTreeTM Report
- Renaissance Capital
- Small Business Innovation and Technology Awards
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office